Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Surgery Time Frame

Yesterday the cardiology department discussed Adriana at their conference. Addy's surgeon has decided that he will operate on her at the end of January. She will be almost 6 months old, bigger, and tougher by then, they say. I know her prognosis is a lot better than we first thought, and I know she is strong. Things could have definitely been a lot worse. Addy was able to put off surgery for this long and she was able to thrive. In fact, she still isn't even on any medications. Adriana has surprised all of us with her strength and she is by far the happiest baby I have ever met. Despite the fact that she has proven she is strong, I am still terrified. A surgery date makes her condition real; though this whole time it seemed like it never existed. It is difficult to wrap my mind around it, still. It seemed like she was such a normal, happy, and healthy baby. Now, it's back to reality. Adriana's next appointment is on December 20 with Dr. Baker-Smith. She will discuss the operation more in-depth with Matt and I. We hope and pray that Adriana will only have to have one surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment