Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hope

Last night Dr. Baker-Smith called me to tell me that Dr. Kaushal is feeling a little more confident about just doing the one surgery on Adriana, to make her heart a 2-ventricle heart (meaning he will just close the VSDs). Of course, he cannot say for sure that he will not have to do a shunt in conjunction, or instead of closing the holes. Unfortunately, it is still a "wait and see" situation. He cannot really know for sure until he goes in. I was also informed that they found a few more small holes in the ventricles--but they are most certain that they will close on their own once the larger ones are closed. Toward the end of December, we will be meeting with Dr. Baker-Smith and Dr. Kaushal in the same day so they can explain. There are images and videos, which I am thankful for, because I am a visual learner. I will be sure and update any further findings. Until then, we will be praying...

1 comment:

  1. We will pray for that!!! Sweet Addy is in good hands either way <3

    ReplyDelete