Monday, April 23, 2012

5th Anniversary Weekend Getaway

For our 5th anniversary, I (kind of) surprised Matthew and booked a secluded cottage on a lake for a weekend.  Not only was it nice to get away and have some alone time, we were able to take advantage of some mostly good weather and enjoy the great outdoors!  We went fishing, watched the dogs swim, had a camp fire, took advantage of the hot tub, and went out on a pedal boat for a bit.  Oh, and by the way, Yours Truly caught the only fish worth keeping... and I caught it within the first ten minutes of my pole being in the water!

She's a beauty, I know.  Unfortunately, we forgot about her tied to the dock.  When we returned to get her the next day, she was alive and well, so we decided to set her free.  We had planned to grill some steaks anyway (until it rained that evening)!


It was truly a gorgeous and quiet place.  Our 5th anniversary will forever be one of our favorites, I'm sure!  Thanks to my parents who drove up from North Carolina to West Virginia to watch our babies while Matthew and I were able to have some Husband & Wife time alone for the first time since Tateum was born!



The fireplace in the bedroom 

Relaxing hot tub on the deck right outside the bedroom



Ahhh, relaxing on the hammock


Air Dexter


Deer EVERYWHERE

No comments:

Post a Comment